Here is a video of Plato’s Cave and the questions we grappled with this afternoon.:
- What ‘shackles’ people in our society?
- How is Plato suggesting that we free our minds?
- Who are the people who are holding up the objects that cast shadows? What do the shadows represent?
- How can knowledge transform our reality?
- Are students free or are we compelled?
- Is it significant that the ascent from the cave slow & gradual?
- Can a person who has been outside the cave remain there knowing that others are still shackled inside the cave?
- What does the sun represent?