Read chapters 22-24 in RLF and answer the following questions in your notes:
1. Which of the early potential successors of Alexander do you think should have been the rightful heir to his empire and why?
2. How did Alexander’s policy of inclusion complicate things after his death?
3. What were the three Hellenistic kingdoms and which territories did each include?
4. How did the role and status of some women change in the Hellenistic world?
5. How did the cities of the Hellenistic kingdoms differ from classical Greek poleis?
6. What new innovations in technology, trade, and culture arose during this period?